Monday, April 22, 2013

The Next Big Thing

Yes, I know. The blog is pretty ugly. Templates are on my To Do List, but Lennon's Jinx is on sale at Amazon and Barnes and Noble for 99 cents.

New Adult Romance
The Next Big Thing blog campaign began in Australia and went international, showcasing new authors and/or new books. Each author answers the same set of questions about recently published books and/or those that are slated to be released. Then that author “tags” a few other authors who do the same thing. Because my work-in-progress isn’t ready for prime time, I’ll be talking about my most recent work. I’m tagging two of my favorite fellow book authors, Cindi Madsen and Robin Nolet.
What is the working title of your next book?
Since my next book in the trilogy Lennon's Rain is coming out in August, I'll talk about Lennon's Jinx, a book that was released in January of this year.
Where did the idea come from for the book?
Most of my characters arrive in dreams and won't shut-up until I tell their stories. Lennon's Jinx centers around music, family hardship, friendship, and budding romance.
What genre does your book fall under?
New Adult Contemporary Romance.
What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?

Lennon: You'll have to see my hot new cover coming soon!
Jinx: Emma Stone
Currie: Abigail Breslin (At the age she played Little Miss Sunshine)
What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
A teenaged bad boy, raising his little sister, decides to upgrade from easy groupies to the straight-A girl in his choir.
Who is publishing your book?
Books on the Edge.
How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
About 6 months.
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Other New Adult books are Slammed and Down to Me.
Who or what inspired you to write this book?
Growing up with music. My sister majored in piano in college, my little sister played drums and coronet, and I played the guitar and piano and took voice for three years. Like most teens, I dreamed of being a rock star.
What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
Though Lennon's Jinx is fiction, truth, satire, and passion fill the pages. A new blog will follow with the same title. The Milwaukee Protocol really does exist and can be found here. I wrote the lyrics and will hopefully compose the music in my spare time. Finding it is the hard part.

Next up on The Next Big Thing, I’ve tagged these two fabulous authors in my ePub group: Robin Nolet on May 2 and Cindi Madsen on May 9.

Robin Nolet Framed Framed                  Falling for Her Fiance




1 comment: